About Syarif Hidayatullah Islamic University Jakarta
Vision, Mission, Goals and Motto
“UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta Becomes a Globally Reputable Higher Education with Excellence in Integration of Islamic, Indonesian and Scientific Knowledge.”
- Organizing innovative and creative education and teaching based on information technology and in accordance with global needs;
- Organizing quality and superior research-based higher education for scientific development, social transformation and increasing the nation's competitiveness;
- Providing access to quality higher education for the wider community in an equitable manner;
- Organizing higher education in an organizational culture that is professional, accountable, has integrity and entrepreneurship.
- Developing quality learning based on research, information technology and innovation;
- Improving student academic and non-academic achievements at national and international levels;
- Producing graduates who have competitiveness in the global world;
- Producing quality research and publications as well as research-based community service;
- Improving the quality and impact of national and international cooperation;
- Develop quality, conducive and inclusive services and facilities;
- Strengthening higher education management systems based on Good University Governance (GUG), University's Performance Improvement (UPI), Competitive Academic University (CAU), and Global Recognized University (GRU).
Knowledge means that UIN Syarif Hidayatullah is committed to creating intelligent, creative and innovative human resources. UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta wishes to play an optimal role in learning, discovery and engaging research results with the community. This commitment is a form of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta's responsibility in developing the human resources of a Muslim-majority nation. UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta wants to be a source for formulating Islamic values that are in line with modernity and Indonesianness. Therefore, UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta offers Islamic, social, political, economic studies as well as modern science and technology including medicine from a science integration perspective.
Piety implies that UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta is committed to developing inner quality in the form of piety among the academic community. Individual piety (which is reflected in habl min Allah) and social piety (which is reflected in habl min al•nas) is the basis for the academic community of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta in building broader social relations.
Integrity implies that the academic community at UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta are individuals who make ethical values the basis for decision making and daily behavior. Integrity also means that the academic community of UIN Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta has self-confidence while respecting other groups.