Facing Demographic Bonus, Young Generation Are Asked to Improve Self Competency

Facing Demographic Bonus, Young Generation Are Asked to Improve Self Competency

Diorama Room, UIN News Online – Currently, the number of young people is approximately 20 percent of the total 100 percent of Indonesia's population. However, in the next 20 years, 100 percent of Indonesia's population will be led by them.

This was said by Al-Malik Travel Sharia Council, Bahroin Suryantara in his presentation at the Workshop entitled “Melejitkan Potensi Diri Menjadi Muttaqin Berprestasi” held at the Diorama Room, campus I of UIN Jakarta on Tuesday (11/08/2022).

Bahroin said, there are several challenges that must be faced by the young generation of Indonesia. One of them is the demographic bonus in 2020-2045. At that time, there were 70 percent of the total population of Indonesia who entered the productive age or around 15-64 years, while the remaining 30 percent were unproductive people or aged under 14 years and over 65 years.

Other challenges, he added, would be job losses, such as food preparation services, office administration, transportation services, and non-auto manufacturing. This happens because in 2030, approximately 400-800 million jobs will be replaced by technology.

However, the good news is that new job opportunities will emerge, such as data scientists and data analysts, artificial intelligence specialists, software and game developers, and big data analysts.

“Therefore, the competence and character needed to face these challenges is someone who can bring out or increase his/her potential,” he said.

He also advised the participants to choose and pursue a job according to their passion. “If you keep doing what you love, you will become an expert in that field,” he concluded.